Break Free from Legacy Databases with dbSeer
Three Reasons to Migrate and Modernize your database
An essential step in modernizing your database infrastructure is eliminating issues faced with a managed infrastructure.
Why and when should you consider Database Migration/Modernization?
In the past few years at dbSeer, we have been helping customers who have come across
situations where they are paying 2 to 3 times more for third-party licenses and hardware to run the software.
This pattern is more common than you think, and the business impact is significant.
Because open-source databases are managed by Amazon Web Services (AWS), they are usually 1/10 less of the cost of legacy licensing, which often forces you to pay more on the number of users you have.
It may be the right time to consider database modernization if you are in a comparable situation.
By moving to AWS, the cost of running your software will be reduced. As a result, you may even be able to capture some of that cost as revenue.
- Get better performance, availability, scalability, and security.
- Benefit from more modern, cost-efficient architecture
- Minimize overprovisioning.
- Pay-as-you-go pricing.
- Dev Ops team does not have to work within the limits of hardware
Scale with Managed Databases because scaling a legacy database means buying more hardware.
- Scaling happens in minutes and is based on your workload.
- Planning is based on current usage to avoid paying for an oversized environment.
- The time spent on maintaining and patching your database is reduced.
- Expanding the platform across different regions to become easy.
In a modernized, managed environment, you eliminate the advanced planning sessions, including budgeting and adding resources, which can take months, potentially becoming a yearlong project.
Organizations typically plan for this once every 2 or 3 years and often overprovision, ending up paying for unnecessary licenses, hardware, and storage.
Running and operating a database is a full-time job.
As a result, companies need talented individuals to manage the database life cycle and daily management, from security patching and maintenance runs to reindexing and query optimization.
Because AWS owns the database and patches the operating system, you can reduce the required maintenance work and utilize these talented resources elsewhere.
With the help of dbSeer, with proven expertise in database development, administration, and migration, your organization can remove the undifferentiated heavy lifting of operating databases.
As a result, resources can be focused on business differentiating activities.
- Migrate without the need to re-architect existing applications.
- Reduce database administrative burden.
- Expand your environment globally across multiple regions.
- Cross-region automated backups
Solve New Problems with Purpose-Built Databases
The argument is simple.
AWS allows you to choose the databases you need, decouple your architecture, and select the right database for the right use case.
You may achieve your objective using a combination of databases because there are fifteen purpose-built databases to choose from.
- Shift focus from maintenance to innovation.
- Reallocate DBA resources to app-centric work.
- Increased time to focus on mission-critical activities.
- Increased time to focus on Business Insights around data.
CONCLUSION: dbSeer: Three Reasons to Migrate and Modernize your database
dbSeer is an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner whose team has considerable experience
creating a modern architecture in the cloud.
Learn more about migrating and modernizing your database with dbSeer. dbseer and AWS database-migration
References: Database Freedom (amazon.com)